[AccessD] User Interface

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Tue Aug 30 07:20:38 CDT 2011

I have went to using a treeview control on the left side of the
screen for a "menu"
The treeview is loaded from a table that can be maintained by the
administrator
of the program. They can add reports, etc later if they want
to.  Double clicking
on a control on the main interface form, reloads the treeview.

I also have security at the treeview item level that is based on the
Windows login.
This will set the form for read only, etc, or not even show it.

Almost all forms are loaded as a subform to the right of the
treeview.  I have found
that it give the applications a polished look and a very non-Access
look.  That is
important for those people that do not like the idea of using Access.

At 07:26 PM 8/29/2011, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:18:16 -0400
>From: "William Benson \(VBACreations.Com\)" <vbacreations at gmail.com>
>To: "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: Re: [AccessD] User Interface
>
>I think you all write applications for many more users than I do. I have not
>written anything for more than about 3 users at a time and basically they
>are easily trained. The most important things have been to get work done in
>the fewest number of steps. And no "false moves". On one app I built lately
>there are several buttons down the right hand side of each of the main
>forms. I can put anything I want in their captions then handle all button
>clicks through a test of screen.activeform.name,
>screen.activeform.ActiveControl.Name. I ALWAYS use captions, never images,
>for just that reason.

Robert L. Stewart
www.WeBeDb.com
www.DBGUIDesign.com