[AccessD] First Encounter With a Memo Field

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Tue Aug 30 16:09:40 CDT 2011

All,

Thanks for the help/advice on this problem.

I am still struggling with this one.

For testing, I have set up an Access report which I use to view the data
in the Outlook Memo field.

I then set up a number of tests of the InStr against a string field
which I use to store the Memo field.

The results are not what I was expecting.

The Instr works for some of the values that I can see on the report, but
not all of them.

I don't know if the problem is in how the InStr works or in how Outlook
is storing the Memo field.

Maybe it is something else.

I would guess that others may have tried to work with the Outlook
"Contents" field and have run into similar issues.

I am open to any ideas.

Thanks,
Brad