[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer] Users in SQL Server

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Dec 4 10:13:31 CST 2011

 >I just discovered that if I delete the user out in that database and then set the rights through
the user back in the server security stuff it happily accepts my changes and re-adds the user to the
database.

Unfortunately after I did this delete / re-add rigamarole I discovered that all of the rights to
objects in the database were removed.  For example I had rights to execute stored procedures
assigned to these users but after deleting the users the rights to execute were lost.

Sigh.

This SQL Server Users stuff is really developer unfriendly.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it