[AccessD] Access and Excel Integration - Resources?

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:49:08 CDT 2011

Brad,

I like john's approach and sometimes use it... but don't like how the macro
recorder works in Excel 2007+.

My suggestion is to get comfortable with the basics of the Excel object
model (easier said...) and in all your access projects, in the beginning at
least, add a reference to Excel's object library. Stay away from all late
binding in the early period (before you go to production with your
application) - so you get the benefit of intellisense. Later you can change
declarations to Objects, remove the reference to Excel,  and Access will be
happy to tell you where you need to substitute numbers for intrinsic
constants.

You can also join this list
http://catalist.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=EXCEL-L&H=PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM.
Most seasoned Listers are experienced Access programmers too.

Good luck.

Bill