[AccessD] Exporting Access to Excel - How to "SUM" a column with a variable number of rows?

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Tue Jul 26 21:41:56 CDT 2011

William,

I am just doing some R&D work with "Windows Automation" (Access controlling Excel).

I can see several uses for this approach down the road with a couple of projects that I am working on  (SQL Server and Access Data - reporting and analysis).

Some of the fields are numeric fields that will need to be summed in Excel (total sales, etc.).
Other fields will not need to be summed (date fields, etc.)

Thanks for your ideas.  I have worked with Access for a couple years, but my knowledge of Excel is very limited.  I am just starting to experiment with Windows Automation.

Brad