[AccessD] Access classes are soooo difficult - was Re: Refreshing open forms when something changes

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:16:52 CDT 2011

John,

I really believe it is, like religion of any kind, a very personal
preference.  Like you, I always saw the benefit of classes and readily took
to them.  But that's because we're thinking in terms of objects, black
boxes, widgets, whatever, and simplifying life down the road.  Since those
are fairly recent additions to the toolbox for database developers, Access
or otherwise, it's to be expected that not everyone is comfortable going
there.  For years in my last job, I wasn't allowed to use classes because my
boss felt it would be too difficult to rewrite pieces of our commercial
Access applications to use them and he wasn't convinced of their
usefulness.  Of course when we went to VB.Net, the argument disappeared,
because it made no sense to do it any other way.  Different strokes ....

Charlotte Foust