[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Thu Mar 3 13:31:14 CST 2011

I agree 100%.You are describing the reasons why record attribute should *not* be used as primary keys, IMHO. That is precisely why *my* primary keys have no meaning. They are just autonumbers (like John's) and I never have any need to change them. If I need a "Serial Number" or "Order Number" or any such meaningful value then that will be generated by a function that is "aware" of what's happening in the real world (like what was the last order number issued).