[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Mar 4 04:05:02 CST 2011

Hi Stuart --

<<<
I've never had a problem with an autonumber

"There is no free cheese in this world" you know :)

- replication could create subtle collision issues when autonumbers used -
and that would be another kind of collision from the one which could "arise
its ugly head" when natural PKs are used;
- memory overhead is another issue as Jim noted ("consistent data modelers"
do neglect it);
- ...

Isn't it time now to recapitulate constructively this discussion and to list
pedantically pros and cons of every approach? Anybody?

Thank you.

--
Shamil