[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 08:46:51 CST 2011

<<Isn't that when we graduate into the rest of life?>>

  I think that point was lost on John...I wasn't talking about education
only in terms of schooling.

  As for the "debate" I really don't think there is much of one.

  My point that we all use primary keys in our applications despite the fact
that we all use auto numbers for physical keys is correct.

  Whether its by having additional indexes or simply arranging our user
interfaces in specific ways to present data, primary keys are used.

  By being cognizant of the differences between what a true primary key is
and something that is labeled as such in table design even though it is not
lets you build better apps.

Jim.