[AccessD] Access 2003 database in Access 2007

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 17:10:44 CDT 2011

I call the code below from the Open event of the first form that
opens when the app starts.  I have just tested it on Access 2007 and
am still seeing the ribbon.  My custom menu is showing in the Add In
tab.  Am I doing something wrong?

Public Sub basSetProperties()

     basSetProperty "StartupShowDBWindow", dbBoolean, False
     basSetProperty "AllowShortcutMenus", dbBoolean, True
     basSetProperty "AllowFullMenus", dbBoolean, False
     basSetProperty "AllowBuiltinToolbars", dbBoolean, False
     basSetProperty "AllowToolbarChanges", dbBoolean, False

     basSetProperty "AllowSpecialKeys", dbBoolean, True
     basSetProperty "StartupShowStatusBar", dbBoolean, True
     basSetProperty "UseAppIconForFrmRpt", dbBoolean, True

     basSetProperty "AppTitle", dbText, "Ribbon Test"
     basSetProperty "StartUpMenuBar", dbText, "MenuBarMenus"
  '   basSetProperty "AppIcon", dbText, "C:Prog\LTD.ico"

End Sub

Public Function basSetProperty(strPropName As String, varPropType As
Variant, varPropValue As Variant) As Long

     On Error GoTo Err_basSetProperty

     Dim db As DAO.Database, prp As DAO.Property
     Set db = CurrentDb
     db.Properties(strPropName) = varPropValue
     basSetProperty = True
     Set db = Nothing

Exit_basSetProperty:
     Exit Function

Err_basSetProperty:
     If Err = 3270 Then        'Property not found
         Set prp = db.CreateProperty(strPropName, varPropType, varPropValue)
         db.Properties.Append prp
         Resume Next
     Else
         basSetProperty = False
         MsgBox "SetProperties", Err.Number, Err.Description
         Resume Exit_basSetProperty
     End If

End Function

Regards