[AccessD] [Spam]8.31 Re: 2 quick questions

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:52:16 CDT 2011

I've argued with experts about IKs like social security numbers.
Their arguments always seem to boil down to, "Well, they don't USUALLY
change, so that's OK."  I prefer to violate strict normalization and
include an IK that CAN be changed and an autonumber that can't.  Then
when the IK must be changed (i.e., wrong SSN), the connections among
tables aren't lost.

Charlotte Foust