[AccessD] AppHangB1 Error for MsAccess 2003 on Windows-7 64 bit

Edward Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Sun Nov 13 17:44:05 CST 2011

 Has anyone seen a error like this and has an idea
 on how to elimate it ?

 Thanks. . .

 Someone in another forum asked it it was an HP or a Dell.

 The machine in question is an Acer, but the AppHangB1 error
 seems to be endemic to many Office products besides Ms-Access,
 regardless of make or model of the hardware.

 Thus my sense is it something more than something an OEM
 might have installed on the computer.

 I compress the MDB and even used the /decompile.

 None of the tables are linked.  Office 2003 been upgraded to SP3.

 The solution in   <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2397391>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2397391
 method 2, does mitigate the problem, but doesn't eliminate it.

 One of the choices from the right click on the MsAccess.exe
 menu is to run in XP mode.  That further reduces the occurrence
 of the AppHangB1 problem.

 Also the same has been done to Word and Excel and well as
 the MDB file.

 Using Windows-7 64-bit, 4 gigs memory, dual Intel processor,
 Ms Access 2003 SP3 32-bit - with an large application seems to
 hang on large queries giving an AppHangB1 error.

 Page file to 15000 since it is Windows-7 Pro.

 dbMaxLocksPerFile set to (2^20) or 1048576.

 Follows is what is seen by the user when the problem
 occurs:

 When that happens I tell the customer to just click,
 allow to continue.

  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

 Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    AppHangB1
  Application Name:    MSACCESS.EXE
  Application Version:    11.0.8166.0
  Application Timestamp:    46437912
  Hang Signature:    8308
  Hang Type:    0
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1:    8308d7d6cf65bf52e9d72d974f492eff
  Additional Hang Signature 2:    8b24
  Additional Hang Signature 3:    8b24675b3c3bce2cd0ab5b7ec791198b
  Additional Hang Signature 4:    8308
  Additional Hang Signature 5:    8308d7d6cf65bf52e9d72d974f492eff
  Additional Hang Signature 6:    8b24
  Additional Hang Signature 7:    8b24675b3c3bce2cd0ab5b7ec791198b

 Read our privacy statement online:
   <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409>
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read
 our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt