[AccessD] Windows can be so much fun

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Nov 4 06:53:13 CDT 2011

Mark,

I'm confused.  You had a bad experience with a build, which I can empathize with.  However every
motherboard vendor out there does 90% Intel stuff and 10% AMD stuff.  Getting support from any
vendor is a nightmare, Intel or AMD.  In the end though it is mostly the MB vendor that is
responsible for making drivers and such easily available for their product.  The drivers themselves
come from the chip vendor but the BIOS is the MB vendor's responsibility and the BIOS vendor's
responsibility.

It sounded to me as if had you gone with a "modern" motherboard to match your modern everything else
you would likely never have had this HBB experience.

I like AMD, but I do not consider myself a fanboy.  I came very close to building an Intel i7 system
this time around just because I needed performance.  But I have built almost nothing but AMD over
the years and I have never had a HBB experience.  In fact IMO the experience has been getting
better, especially in the video driver department.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it