[AccessD] Windows can be so much fun

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 09:30:24 CDT 2011

Sorry John, but my experience with MSI and AMD were really quite different.
They've got this Live Update function for BIOS and Driver updates....you
click on a button and the stuff downloads and tells you what needs to be
updated.
Get this: It has no "Run now" feature...and no link to even tell you or take
you to where the downloaded update file is located...I can't find it !
There's nothing to "click on".
After my initial frustration, I had to laugh about this.....
This is the kind of stuff that occurs with poor technical management and
poor beta testing.

I researched that motherboard and it got good reviews. I have not been able
to update the BIOS because of the above, and I cannot update the SSD
firmware either as this motherboard does not behave well with SSD
drives...and I am NOT going to reinstall Win7 all over again just to
accommodate AHCI mode of operation when in fact, no one has been able to
tell me how much advantage over IDE it would achieve.

I guess I am the "poster child" for a software guy trying to do hardware
stuff.
Heck, I should have hired you instead !