[AccessD] Access 2007 Reports vs SQL Server Reporting Services

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Mon Nov 14 13:46:05 CST 2011

Over the past two years, I have used Access 2007 to create a variety of
reports.

The data for these reports comes from a variety of data sources (Access,
Excel, flat files, SQL Server, Pervasive Database, Firebird Database,
etc).

I REALLY like the report writer that is built into Access 2007.

Recently the topic of SQL Server Reporting Services has come up.  Even
though I can access data from SQL Server (outside provider), I currently
do not have access to SQL Server Reporting Services.

I am curious if anyone here on the AccessD forum has worked with this
facility.

How does SS Reporting Services stack up against Access 2007 Reports?

Is it possible to pull data from various sources into SS Reporting
Services, like we can do with Access?

Thanks,
Brad