[AccessD] Windows 8

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Mon Nov 28 16:36:46 CST 2011

I would also ask if 'touch' is better. Period.  Sure it has a kinda ubercoolness about it and for tablets it makes sense.  Even so, I still love the buttons on my older iPod as I can skip tracks etc by feel only, never needing to take my eyes off the road (or whatever).  Not so easy to do on a touch set up.

So for a device where you are consuming media, touch is probably good, but for me, where I am making stuff the sheer speed and power of the mouse keyboard combo seems hard to beat. Maybe I am just an old monkey struggling to learn new tricks.

One thing I will say about those smart phones that really sucks is their battery life.  My 2004 Nokia 6600 (which is still in regular use today) is still powering on a single charge for up to 6 days.  My wife's HTC needs charging every night.  This is not a diss at HTC, all the smart phones are like that.  One days use (even on standby) and you need to find a power outlet.  Plurk.  Batteries are still the weak link.

Just my musings.

Cheers
Darryl.