[AccessD] Tech Republic covers PowerBasic

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 30 11:38:18 CST 2011

It is almost a badge of honour for programming geeks to have a lean and
boring site. The attitude is that the site was hard enough to write it
should be hard enough use. The trouble is that many of the geeks see no
reason for all that wimpy fancy stuff, if it works that is good enough. Many
of these guys have absolute no artist or sales abilities, at all and it
really shows.

Of course, they are blissfully unaware that a crudgy site makes their
product seem just as cheesy as their web site and they loss 90 percent of
their potential business because of it.

A word of wisdom. If you are selling anything on the web and you are not an
artist, do yourself a big favour and get a real web designer and artist to
put your web UI together and you will be amazed at the respect and
additional sales you get because of it.

Jim