[AccessD] Calculating mileage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 2 13:03:29 CDT 2011

 >Do the records in your database have any connection at all to the odometer readings?

They would if I were to notice.  The thing to remember is that the database is used by potentially
many different people.  I know where they live because they enter their address into the database.
I know the prison address where they pick up the inmates.  Everything after that is just "calc
distance from A to B".

 > It's not yet clear to me how to get your addresses out of the database and into the mapping
program, but, there's got to be a way.

Microsoft's map program has VBA behind it and an API.  I will be using that.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting