[AccessD] The windows 7 upgrade experience

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 3 10:50:18 CDT 2011

 > (Just ribbing ya a bit JWC)

LOL.

 > There ya go!  Way to stay cutting edge.... Windows 8 is almost out! ;)

I read the other day

"The end of an old technology is always way better than the beginning of a new technology"

which is pretty much true.  I am just getting in on the Windows 7 "end".  It is service packed to
death and running smoothly, and they will maintain it for many more years.

It truly is (almost) an "XP experience" at this point.  I actually kind of like it, whereas I hated
Vista until the day I stopped using it.

Just an FYI, this Seagate Momentus XT drive and Windows 7 is a wonderful experience so far.  I had
reached the point where I was seriously looking at replacing the laptop because it was so slow.  Not
any more!

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting