[AccessD] Crome and LogMeIn full screen mode

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 4 10:35:27 CDT 2011

 >(is it that the anti-MS sentiment is still pretty strong out there and people will put up with a
lot to avoid using MS products?)

Hmmm...

 >Firefox 7 gives me a "General Failure = Url" alert when I click on a hyperlink in Outlook.

And Outlook is a Microsoft product... and it doesn't work correctly in Firefox...

<rant>

As for me, I believe in going with the underdog whenever the main player plays unfairly, and equally
importantly when the major player does not innovate because they don't have to.  That is what
competition does is up the ante so everyone has to innovate.

Microsoft plays unfairly.  Microsoft IE sucked and they just didn't care because IE owned the market
place.  Suddenly Firefox gave them competition and guess what?  IE is back in the game.  But if we
all just go back to IE what do I think will happen?

Intel / AMD is the same situation, and I stay with AMD because they are "good enough" and they force
the marketplace to innovate.

I know people who only care about their own experience and I guess that is OK, but they get their
"better experience" on the backs of me and others willing to bear the burden.

<\Rant>

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting