[AccessD] SSDs and BE storage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 14 21:54:31 CDT 2011

Does anyone have experience with using an SSD (or SSD RAID) to store the Access BEs?  Does it
significantly speed up the database?

My client has a pretty large (by Access standards) database.  It is a call center application and
they do mostly reads (viewing claim data as they talk to the client), but do a fair amount of
"documenting" the phone calls by writing notes.  About 25 users in the database all day.

It seems logical that the SSDs enormous IOPS and streaming reads would speed things up but I have
never seen any actual studies or documented usage data.