[AccessD] User interface

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:03:16 CDT 2011

I've always hated the apple UI.  It was never intuitive to me, so I'm in the
minority who prefers the alternative, whether on the PC or on a phone.  As
far as pretty being important, I think elegant is ahead of that, or maybe
we're using different words for the same thing.  I don't want to be
awestruck by the beauty of the UI, merely at home with it and comfortable
finding what I need without being offended by the look (think, some of the
Windows themes!).  The traditional Windows UI didn't focus on rounded
corners, but they're everywhere in the last few versions of Visual Studio
and Windows, and in fact, the messageboxes, various window edges, and so
forth have had rounded corners for a long time.

Charlotte Foust