[AccessD] String with "#" in VBA?

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Sep 6 20:34:03 CDT 2011

Uh oh...  I thought today was going too darn well.

I am working with data which has "#" as part of the string which causes the
VBA code to fail

For Example:

gstrSQL = vbNullString
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " SELECT"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " Activity,"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " SUM(Activity_CF) AS Total_CF"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " SUM(Activity_DCF) AS Total_DCF"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " FROM ProbC_tblActivities"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " GROUP BY Activity"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " HAVING Activity="#Input"
gstrSQL = gstrSQL & " AND Total_CF <> 0"

Which sort of makes sense as the # is used in VBA for Conditional Compile.

Is there some way I can I get VBA to accept the # as part of the string and
not a command?

Google has fairly useless when searching for "#" as well.  Bah humbubg.

Cheers
Darryl