[AccessD] Runtime when full version is installed

jm.hwsn jm.hwsn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:38:48 CDT 2011

I agree with that assessment. However, if the client really wants the full
install and you want them to run your database using the runtime.  The
quickest and easiest is to change the extension of the file to accdr. Access
will treat it as if it's running under runtime.  Yes, the extension can be
changed back quite easily.  However, with a little bit code it won't run
without the proper extension.
Such as:
If SysCmd(acSysCmdRuntime) = False Then
   'Should be using runtime but if not, quit application.
   If MsgBox("This file is in the wrong format and will not run.",
vbCritical, "Application Quit") = vbOK Then
       Application.Quit
   End If
End If

I put this in the on open event of the first form that opens.

Jim