[AccessD] The coming in-memory database tipping point. - SQL Server Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Mon Apr 16 18:59:55 CDT 2012

"  In fact it never ceases to amuse me when people profess to disbelieve in evolution but then discuss with great gusto how household cleaners are creating super germs."

Priceless... Reminds me of a survey some folks did a while back in a supermarket asking shoppers how technology has improved/impacted their lives.   A rather large percentage of them said only a little or 'not at all'.  Yet these were folks who had trolleys full of refrigerated and frozen foods, food which is out of (local) season (or even local availability), food which is packaged, sealed and save to eat - all supplied daily and fresh via a global logics chain and industrial farming.  Not to mention the car the drove to the supermarket via a network of traffic controls et al...

I long ago realised that much of the population is stupid or at least unbelievable naive about how things actually function.

*shrugs*....  I have to agree with you.  Actually we already know this from Physics.  Newton's approach to time, space and gravity 'seems' right to us as it is so much more intuitive, and indeed even works - we still use it today, but Einstein showed it is flawed and reality is nothing like we 'believe' it to be.