[AccessD] I love the Nexus

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Aug 30 16:36:05 CDT 2012

The Kindle fire has its place.  Because it is color it can play games and even video.  It can also
be used for color children's books, comics etc whereas much of that is wasted on the e-reader.

I bought the Seagate Satellite and streamed video to the Kindle Fire and the Nexus 7 for the trip to
NY this summer.  A 7" tablet makes a decent video screen for the car, and with the Satellite avoided
the whole argument of which video the entertainment system was going to play.

The Fire is just OK as a reader but it is much more than that.  The Kindle readers are only a
reader, and not much good for anything else.

Don't get me wrong, I have the Kindle e-reader and it is my first choice for actually reading books.
  OTOH the Nexus 7 is a good reader as well and is back lit so it can be used in the dark without an
external light.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away