[AccessD] Troy Hunt: Scamming the scammers – catching the virus call centre scammers red-handed

jack drawbridge jackandpat.d at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:32:31 CST 2012

I saw something similar a couple of months ago and said to myself, wow
there are a lot of unsuspecting people who would fall for that. Only a few
days later I got a call along these similar lines, I said  that I would
like his name and email -nothing - then I said I thought this was a scam --
caller hung up.
I mentioned it to my daughter who said she had a random call only a day r
two before. She said the caller said he was from M$oft and had discovered
an issue with her machine.... . Her response was -- That's interesting, I
don't have a computer(she does really)... caller hung up.

I think someone  on this group said his father got caught by the scam-- but
I haven't taken the CoQ10 lately and could just be getting even more
forgetful.

Have a good day.
jack