[AccessD] OT: Three routers, weird problems

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Feb 20 21:04:39 CST 2012

You're gonna love this one.  The new router DHCP default begin ip address is 192.168.0.10 and the
default end is 192.168.0.19.

NINE stinking addresses available by default.  All of my other routers have defaulted to 09-99.  So
basically I just manually set the ending address to 99 and rebooted the router and voila, at least
some of my issues are gone.  I was struggling for the last hour to get one of my laptops to get an
IP address, it just wouldn't.  Now I know why!  Once I opened up the range it immediately grapped
one, I didn't even have to do a release / renew.

NINE STINKIN IP addresses available by default.  It just never occurred to me to check that as I was
setting it up.  I have never in all my years seen 19 used as the last available IP.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it