[AccessD] OT: Three routers, weird problems

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Feb 20 17:05:26 CST 2012

<<In point of fact, now that I think of it, I do not know how
to specifically "turn off" the WAN, I just don't use it, connecting all
cables to the switch side of
the device.>>

 That's the ticket!

<<That
should not be possible, since C2Db3 is not the DHCP server.  C2Db3 is one of
the WRT54GS routers
which is now only a switch and wireless access point.  The laptop does not
connect to C2Db3
(directly)  though C2Db3 is plugged into the same gigabit switch as the
laptop (up in my office).>>

 It's running it's connection through the wireless instead of the wired.
Turn your wireless modem off in on the laptop and it will switch to the
wired connection.

 DHCP is separate from the connection point.

Jim.