[AccessD] Report Footer on Last Page of Group

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Wed Jan 4 06:06:31 CST 2012

David,

    Insertion of an outermost dummy group footer, whose height is manipulated at run time so as to serve as dynamic blank spacer block, offers an interesting alternative solution for pushing the report footer close to the page footer, irrespective of the size of main content on last page.

    This approach is demonstrated in my sample db named Report_ReportFooterOnTopOfPageFooter. It is in access 2000 file format and is available at Rogers Access Library. Link:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    The sample db takes care of variable grown heights of different sections.  Brief description is placed below for ready reference.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal
------------

Report_ReportFooterOnTopOfPageFooter
(Sample Db:  Brief Description)
    This sample db demonstrates placement of report footer on top of page footer. It caters for variable heights of report headers / footers (CanGrow property = Yes). If there is going to be any potential blank space between report footer and the page footer, it is moved above the report footer so that the bottom of report footer sits on top of the page footer.

    The desired objective is achieved by inserting an outermost dummy group footer whose height is manipulated at run time so as to serve as dynamic blank spacer block.

    Two stage opening of report is undertaken because dynamic grown heights of report sections are available only in print event. On the other hand, adjustment of section heights is permitted only in format event. Hence the need for extra cycle of report opening.

    Stage A - First cycle of opening the report, stores dynamic values of Report Footer bottom and Page Footer top in unbound text boxes on form F_SwitchBoard

    Stage B - Re-opens the report, duly adjusting the height of outermost dummy group footer, so as to force the report footer bottom to move close to page footer top.

    Note - In the sample db, 4 lines of text in report header as well as footer are inserted programmatically in unbound text boxes, so as to demonstrate effectiveness of proposed technique duly catering to grown heights of sections concerned.