[AccessD] Access 2K subforms bound to SQL Server.

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 05:30:12 CST 2012

The easiest way to bind forms with SQL Server is to use views. And as
Charlotte suggested, you can create recordsets based on those, for the
heavy lifting parts of your code. I have done both many times and can
attest that this approach works. I see no need to go to unbound forms,
unless you want to -- which, in your case, I doubt.

Try it on a little toy app before deciding. Migrate the data from a simple
existing app to SQL, then create views into each table. Where necessary,
create multi-table views by joining two single-table views. Use your
existing recordset code as is, replacing only the name of the table(s) with
the name(s) of the equivalent views.

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr