[AccessD] Access 2K subforms bound to SQL Server.

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 06:42:02 CST 2012

Not so, JC. In the first case, create a view that returns only the indexed
column(s) of interest. In the second case, a master-detail form, create a
master view and a detail view and link them together as usual in a standard
MDB file. Works like a charm. Trust me, I've done it, in an app with 70+
simultaneous users.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 7:18 AM, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com>wrote:

> Views really only get you so far though.  All of the "send me the entire
> index so I can pick out the records I want" thing is still going to occur.
>  IOW subform data sets cannot be filtered by SQL Server, where it could if
> it was done in an ADO recordset which I used dynamic code to fill.
>
> --

Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr