[AccessD] OT Burn-out

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Jan 30 12:01:25 CST 2012

<< The dog's job is to bark when the door
 bell rings.>>

 Ditto here, although he barks at odd noises as well, which is a problem at
times.

<< Where else is an old over 50 year old
 going to work.>>

  Ditto as well, although I've seriously been thinking about taking down the
shingle and going to work for someone.  Going to start looking around at the
start of summer and see what's out there.

  I turn 52 this year and have yet to manage to come up to speed on anything
new development wise.  Getting too far behind the curve and I don't think
Access is going to be around for another 15 - 20 (at least as a development
tool).

  Too many other products have come down to the desktop level (ie. SQL
Server) and new products (ie lightswitch) are appearing, plus everything is
heading to the web anyway, which is something I've totally avoid to date
(gonna pay big time for that decision).

Jim.