[AccessD] Burn-out

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 30 10:08:57 CST 2012

Hi Mark

Ha! I missed that completely.
This makes the situation clear and simple: You are the only one to blame, and the only one in power to make a change.

You just have to learn the words NO and LATER. And supplement with different charges, where you favour those of your clients that are able to plan in a decent way.
Those over-the-weekend clients always calling in Friday at Noon (because they "suddenly" remember, and have to call you before they turn off for a wonderful weekend!) are used to, that they can get away with this and Mark never says no.

Also, couldn't you team up with someone? I know, I know ... you are the best, but probably not for everything. And that is needed if someone should be able to jump in for you while you are on holiday - with e-mail and remote access shut down.

/gustav

>>> marksimms at verizon.net 30-01-2012 16:41:32 >>>
Sorry no - I'm the management !!!
But I've got clients with deadlines and budgets....that THEY SET.

I just can't seem to get to a cruising speed of 60 mph.
I'm either at zero(doing nothing) or 100 mph(multiple concurrent contracts)....and veering out-of-control.
That's my current state.