[AccessD] Need for a Map (Image) with Multiple Hot Spots (In theShape of Countries)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 7 12:05:42 CDT 2012

You may wish to go to a web based solution to get that capability but you
can create a web window within an Access form.

Private Sub Form_Current()
'Navigate to a web page

    If Len(MyWebSite) > 0 Then 'You have a local webserver and webpages
            MyWebsite.Navigate URL:="MyNewPage1.html"
        Else ' You have a website you can access.
            MyWebsite.Navigate URL:="www.mywebsite.com/MyNewPage1.html"
    End If
End Sub

On any page you can use a number of maps and shape coordinants around
various object you wish to allow selected.
<map name="name">
<area shape="MyShape1" coords="0,0,10,15" href="MyNewPage1.html
<area shape="MyShape2" coords="15,20,10,15" href="MyNewPage2.html
<area shape="MyShape3" coords="20,20,10,15" href="MyNewPage3.html
</map>

The shapes can be of many types from boxes, as shown, to circles or form any
irregular object on an image. To do the complex shape stuff you will need
(like much more than doing manual labour) a map editor. There are a few
stand alone editors but these editors come with every web page-maker.

For very precise positioning, detection and more sophisticated management
you may want to use JavaScript events which can allow the detection of even
a single pixel.

HTH
Jim