[AccessD] Svar: What to do? (was: Just Another Old Boys Club)

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Jul 13 06:26:09 CDT 2012

Hi Mark --

I've got upgraded my WinPhone 7.5 OS (Nokia Lumia 800) three  times since last December when I have got purchased it - the upgrade did never fail.

"Voice recognition" - it's far from being perfect/widely applicable (e.g. to "voice type" notes or texting) yet but it understands even my English with Russian accent to dial phone numbers and to start texting using my contacts' list nicknames... (Unfortunately there is no "Russian voice recognition" option for my WinPhone 7.5 so I have had to set it using English UI...)

Well, a "piece of salt": I'm just back from  a short vacation trip from Finland and my Nokia Lumia 800 (designed by Nokia - Finnish Company as you know) failed to connect to the hotel, where I stayed, Wi-Fi hot-spot while my son Acer Iconia Tab A01 did connect to the same hot-spot without any issues (that could have been I was just not experienced enough to connect to Wi-Fi hot-spot  using WinPhone 7.5 where my 11 years old son did connect via Acer Iconia Tab  A101 without any issue but it shows(?) that MS has quite some work to do to make their WinPhones working as smoothly as their competitors devices do)...

Thank you.

-- Shamil