[AccessD] Microsoft Access Has Stopped Working

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jul 31 15:55:44 CDT 2012

Hi Rocky

I've seen it with A2010 when doing naughty things, repeatable * changed the code and it was gone. And occasionally for "no" reason.
As you suggest - could be a timing issue. But, I think, outside our control.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 31-07-12 21:20 >>>
Dear List:

How I HATE that message.  Suddenly, for no apparent reason and making no
excuses, Access stop working and give you only the curt message 'Microsoft
Access has stopped working." and bails, leaving the ldb files open, as well
as my mouth in disbelief.  Not even a clue why.  But I digress.

Yesterday I ran into this twice on an app that HAS been working.  I can go
into the details later if necessary.

But the first case I was able to duplicate here - has to do with deleting a
record (SO Header), which cascade deletes child record (SO Detail), and then
displays a MsgBox "Sales Order Deleted" and user clicks OK.  If I wait a
couple of seconds and click OK, no problem.  If I click OK real fast,
Microsoft Access stops working!  I tried inserting a DoEvents before that
last MsgBox - no seegar. Tried a subroutine to delay x milliseconds, it blew
up on the call to that routine.

So I think there's some kind of timing problem there.  Maybe.

The second case involves a form which displays PO details.  Double-clicking
on the PO Number opens the PO form and displays the whole PO.  Clicking exit
closes the form and you return to the first form.  Works like a champ here.
User says when they click Exit in the Purchase Order form...Microsoft Access
stops working!

Does anyone have any insight into this?  Seen it before?  Know how to fix
it?

MMTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software