[AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 19:29:13 CDT 2012

Obviously I am far and away out of my league in this discussion, so I think
the best policy is to shut up and watch the intelligentsia wage their wars.
I can't afford lunch tomorrow, let alone another computer. I'm happy for
you people who can, seriously. I am not suffering techno-envy, my stupid
little two boxes one running Mint and the other WIndows 7 Ultimate, that's
all I have and it shall suffice. I read stuff from JWC and he's got more
boxes and RAM on them all than I could ever dream of, but that's ok. He
works hard and makes money and all that is totally OK. Not a problem in the
world with his doing well. I mean, if anyone in this community has given
back, it's JWC! He has done more for this community than pretty much anyone
else I could name.

All that said, I have only two boxes, one dedicated to Mint 11 and the
other to Windows 7 64-bit. with a mere 4 gigs of RAM in both. This is the
sad story of my life. Oh, I forgot. I have a KVM that enables me to swap
from this box to that, since I cannot afford separate keyboards, mice and
monitors. so I have to swap among them, but hey, KVM is pretty cool, given
my extremely limited resources. I'm about to purchase a third box, and my
KVM can actually support that new baby and two more. And the best thing is
that my heating bill is included in my rent, so in theory I could have 100
computers here, and not pay even a nickel extra in rent or hydro bills. Woo
hoo! In addition, I'm probably not going to live even 24 more years, so
that's that. Call me Toast. I'll be off this planet soon.

A.