[AccessD] Best Reporting Tool

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Wed Mar 21 06:25:35 CDT 2012

Darren,

I wrote earlier how we are using Access 2007 for all of our reporting needs against data that lives in SQL-Server, Pervasive, and Firebird databases (all via ODBC).

Our reports are either run "on demand" via a form in an Access application or they are part of a group of reports that are run automatically each night.  When a report is run "on demand", the user has an option to save the report.   Reports are saved in PDF format in a collection of folders.  All "automated" reports are also saved in PDF format in this same collection of folders.

All of the saved reports are available internally via our Intranet.  Currently, no reports are visible via the internet but I believe that they could be incorporated into the internet if we wanted to do so.

The one piece that we don't have is the ability to initiate a report from our Intranet.

I am not sure if this info will be useful or not, but I thought that if you just need to "view" reports (and not initiate them), then our technique may be of some help to you.

Brad