[AccessD] The downside of Cloud Computing

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 3 14:37:35 CDT 2012

Sometimes a saving is not a saving and unfortunately, a small company may
not in the financial position to take advantage of the new technology and
they should just wait and/or have alternative backup scenarios.

I have setup many retail businesses and always add backup plans. A good high
speed connection and if it fails a backup modem and it that fails local
server(s) with hard drive data duplication and if the network fails the PCs
can still run as stand-alones as they have their own hard drives. In the
event of some kind of failure the working data is saved and broadcast when
everything is back up again. I also like to add an auto-email post, which
summarizes the over-night processes and if anything is not working properly,
hardware failures or drive capacity issues and so on, I am sent an email.
Every morning, I check my business posts and in many cases can resolve
issues before the store opens remotely or contact the owner to arrange for
hardware re-arrangement or repair.

Jim