[AccessD] Pls help with ADO to Oracle syntax... Ampersand Character

Benson, William (GE Global Research, consultant) Benson at ge.com
Tue Nov 20 12:30:41 CST 2012

Resolved, but with puzzling aspects

First, it was actually the semicolon at the end which was the problem.

Next, when I tried out the code to run the ADO command to update the database even having the ampersands in the text, actually there was no problem.

IE - never was a need to try to SET DEFINE OFF or worry about escaping the ampersand because I guess when done through ADO, there is interruption of the routine to ask for a variable, so it treats ampersands like normal text.