[AccessD] Need to access EDI Audit Trail (Flat File) and Not Allow Updates

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Fri Nov 30 13:38:09 CST 2012

Stuart, Rusty, Jack,

Thanks for your ideas and insights.

For the near term, I am planning to employ a second (behind the scenes)
file.

For the long term, I may use a linked table as I was finally able to get
Access to treat the one large field as a memo field.

Another approach that I spent a little time on is to fire up Internet
Explorer to display the flat file data as it cannot update the data in
the file.

Thanks again for the help.

Brad