[AccessD] cool animation

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Oct 23 17:54:50 CDT 2012

Thank you, Jim.

Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:15:54 -0700 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:

>My youngest daughter did three years of college at one university, paid via

scholarship, then worked a years, did one more year at a new university

college and finally completed her animation degree at UBC, in three more

years. It took over seven years of university to get her full degree. Last

year she won a further education scholarship, for a 5 minute video/movie she

produced, and used it to take further mentoring through a six months

training course at Pixar Studios.

Now she works for a company that does 3D real-time animation for machinery,

mostly military hardware and works in her spare time free-lancing for a

variety of small companies who need short term specialty work.

Related: The emphasizes today is producing graphics suitable for web based

deployment accompanied with real-time streaming. That is a whole new field

of mathematics and image management. The game companies are the leaders in

this new field. Their systems uses high end image compression, asynchronies

streaming, background/parallel processing, intelligent caching,

filters/overlays, with sparse-image-cells (only the parts of the screen that

are current animated are being transferred) and they are even developing AI

systems to anticipate user responses. It is interesting to see just how fast

mixed quality images can be transferred, through small to large band-width

and produce a good user experience. Also learned that Hadoop is not just for

distributive computing to support Map Reduce databases but to manage

thousands of online users in complex interactive game scenarios. This is

also one the reason browser makers have been working so hard to make their

browser's faster, smaller and run on every PC, tablet and Smartphone.

I took in a couple of seminars, at the professional animators convention,

over in Vancouver, a couple of months ago, with my daughters and that is why

I am such an expert....not; ;-) but for any young person looking for a

high-end career...there are so many fields of expertise needed in consumer

data and graphics distribution and production.

Jim