[AccessD] Arvixe web hosting - was Free Cloud based MySQL

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Oct 24 13:00:34 CDT 2012

John,

<<I assume that If I go with this company the same methodology is going to
work except that the IP
will now be ColbyConsulting.com,1433? >>

  That would be the case as a DNS entry just translates to an IP anyway.
The advantage to using DNS is that you can swap out servers, which have
different IP's, and nothing changes for the end user.  This is true with
anything (HTML, FTP, TELNET, AS2, etc)

Jim.