[AccessD] Arvixe web hosting

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Oct 24 21:30:30 CDT 2012

I am in, I have created an empty database and I have SSMS connecting to it using SQL Server Security
and my username / password.

It is somewhat disconcerting to see 47 SQL Server databases running on a single SQL Server Express
server.  Hmmm...

What I am trying to figure out now is how I move an existing database from my system to theirs.  I
assume a backup / ftp / restore but it seems like there are going to be issues to overcome.  For
example I use a windows user and windows security for creating and managing the databases on my
system.  Thus the "owner" is jwcolby on my server.  There is no jwcolby user on their system (at
windows level).

If I don't do a backup / restore, then even if I manage to script every object and build that out on
the host server how does one get the data over?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it