[AccessD] Switchboard

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Sep 8 16:30:30 CDT 2012

I've used the built-in switchboard on a couple of applications.  But,
one quickly runs into its limitations.  So, I am more likely to craft a
generic form that I will use for making whatever "switchboards" I will
need in that app.  That generic form gets things like the thematic
colors of the app and the logo if there is one.  Each "switchboard" is a
copy of that generic form.  The main switchboard has buttons on it that
take the user to the general category "switchboards," such as the
reports switchboard, or the membership information switchboard, or the
utilities switchboard.  Each switchboard has buttons to do that
particular category of tasks, plus buttons to return to the parent or
main switchboard.  It's pretty reminiscent of the old menus I made with
Basic back in the DOS days.

Tina Norris Fields.
tinanfields at torchlake.com
231-322-2787