[AccessD] Switchboard

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 11:10:31 CDT 2012

I really don't use them.

As others on here, I usually make my own menu screens.

I did use one in an ADP not too long ago.

I was converting another coworkers mdb over to SQL and decided to carry
over the switchboard table and menu.

I had to make a small change, I think I called a view instead of the table,
but I might be wrong.
Then again, I might have did that to deal with the new column I added
"RequiredRole".
If a menu option should only be visible to a certain role, then that role
name is added to the table record.

I also don't use the switchboard manager to add/edit menu items.

I simply add/edit the table record when needed.

The thing that I don't like about switchboards is when I add a new screen,
I have to remember to wait until the end of the day to add the menu item.
If I don't people may see the new item listed and the screen won't exist on
their FE yet.

HTH
David McAfee