[AccessD] The list

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:16:00 CDT 2012

As I recall, we had a discussion about a year ago about the decline of the
list. Options were discussed, but no action was taken.

The consensus was to let AccessD wither through inaction. One year later, I
agree with Tony: the group's plan worked, and AccessD has withered.

So, even though there are a multitude of open source web platforms that
could be used to re-purpose and invigorate the list, I again sense that the
group consensus is to do nothing.

In light of this, I propose new rules:
 * We drop all requirements for topicality. This is a social group only.
The only rule is that on every 100th post someone writes 'Access'
 * Every year or so, another long-standing member must complain about the
decline of the list
 * Everyone else further agrees to discount the complaint, and deny that
anything can be done about the decline

Let's stop kidding ourselves here, and acknowledge what we have made the
group into.

-Ken

From: "Tony Septav" <TSeptav at Uniserve.com>