[AccessD] Light Table IDE (Vimeo.com) - Was:Re: HTML5 mobile-friendly web sites vs. native

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Sep 20 05:54:46 CDT 2012

Hi Jim --

<<<
Here is a link to one of the many excellent IDEs which will have versions for all major
language: http://vimeo.com/40281991 within a couple of years (OSS of course)

Do you mean the Light Table IDE? Yes, AFAIS it promise to be a great tool to learn dynamic/scripting languages as JavaScript, Clojure, Python, HTML(5)/CSS(3) etc.
AFAIU it's planned  the first version of Light Table to be released next year May (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ibdknox/light-table?ref=NewsApr2612&utm_campaign=Apr26&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter).

Waiting for that  Light Table IDE release what other  simpler (IDE) tools one can use to get instant interpretation/execution of the code they write?
I must note I wanted to write a simple private tool having a couple of windows with one to type code into and another one to instantly interpret/execute typed code...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. I'd expect similar to Light Table IDE "instant interpretation/debugging" features will appear in the next release of MS Visual Studio - 2014? - it appears to the one of the most demanded IDE features for nowadays real life application development...

Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:15:32 -0700 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Robert:

You have lived a very sheltered life.

Most fortune 500 companies use OS Linux for starts, the three most popular

webservers are Apache, number one, Nginx, number two and third IIS. When it

comes to programming the top 31 languages are OSS and yes even C# (Mono and

Grasshopper) though it is in seventh place behind C, Java, C++, PHP,

JavaScript and Python. All that would be needed is a good OS IDE and C#

could be number one...naaahhh but maybe to number five? Here is a link to

one of the many excellent IDEs which will have versions for all major

language: http://vimeo.com/40281991 within a couple of years (OSS of course)

Virtually all the main players in the computer industry especially in the

new startups use OSS products like Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Amazon, IBM

and on and on. Most SmartPhones and Pad use Android/Java; 68 percent at last

check and after iOS there is still a few percentage left for others.

I for one, have set up many offices (35+ years in business before PCs and

before Microsoft), some with MS Office and some recently with LibraOffice

and all the clients are very happy. As for comparing MS Access with to Open

office series, it appears that MS is doing a pretty good job of slowly

breaking their product so it will match. ;-(

There are dozens of OS database products out there of every type and

capability so if you are going longterm why become trapped to single

offering with brittle and proprietary standards that are not compatible with

the rest of the industry. Microsoft is one of the founding members of W3C

industry standards though looking at their internet offerings and

compatibilty matching you might not think so.

I know many people working in computer industry who make very comfortable

livings and they never use Microsoft products.

I for one like Microsoft products and will continue to use more of their

products but they are hardly the be all or end all. It is a very very big

non-MS world out there and opportunities abound everywhere.

Jim