[AccessD] Access 2007 to SQL Server 2008 over the internet(Cross Posted)

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 16:05:58 CDT 2013

I haven't worked in Access for some time now, but one thing to keep in mind
is that Access used to create at least 3 connections for each session,
which works well on a quiet, fine tuned network, but over a latency
internet connection could be problematic.  If you swap out the default
connection objects in Access and unbind each form, and instead create ado
connections back to Sql Server, you might be able to combat these latency
issues if they should arise.

-Francisco <http://twitter.com/seecoolguy>